FIRST LADY BLASTS KATHY GRIFFIN OVER GRUESOME BEHEADING PHOTO; REPORT CLAIMS BARRON THOUGHT HIS FATHER WAS DEAD

WASHINGTON, D.C.– Fallout continued on Wednesday over a gruesome photo released by Kathy Griffith which showed the “D List” actress holding a bloody replica of president Donald Trump’s severed head.

In addition to being called out over the photo by everyone from the Church of Satan to Chelsea Clinton, Griffin received a public reprimand from first lady Melania Trump, who went so far as to question Griffin’s mental health.

“As a mother, a wife and a human being, that photo is very disturbing. When you consider some of the atrocities happening in the world today, a photo opportunity like this is simply wrong and makes you wonder about the mental health of the person who did it,” Mrs. Trump said in a statement.

The first lady’s response comes amid reports that the president’s 11-year-old son, Barron, saw news coverage of the photo and though his father had been murdered.

According to a report published by The Drudge Report (https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/869929622112157698), sources close to the Trump family say Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. The child panicked and screamed, “Mommy, Mommy!” and had to be calmed down by caregivers who explained the sickening photo.

“He’s 11. He doesn’t know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad,” the source revealed, saying his initial reaction to the image was that something terrible had happened to his father.

After a wave of backlash over the stunt, Griffin took to Twitter to apologize for the photo saying, “I get it. I went too far” but the apology was not enough to stop a host of venues from cancelling several of the stand up comedian’s upcoming shows.

In a statement released by the Mirage Hotel and Casino, the famed entertainment venue wrote: “MGM Resorts has no future shows scheduled with Ms. Griffin at any of its venues. The incident in question clearly crosses the line of respect and decency and is not something that we support or condone.”

CNN, on which Griffin has appeared each New Year’s Eve with Anderson cooper, also announced on Wednesday that it was terminating Griffin’s contract in response to the controversy.

“CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year’s Eve program,” the network announced Wednesday on Twitter.

Griffin had co-hosted the “New Year’s Eve Live” with Cooper, who also criticized Griffin’s actions as “disgusting” for more than a decade.

“For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in,” said Cooper in a statement. “It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.” Fellow CNN anchor Jake Tapper also condemned the photo.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s