ALLEN SPEAKS: Fired ‘Last Man Standing’ star says ‘there’s nothing more dangerous than a likable conservative’

LOS ANGELES, CA — Tim Allen, star of the now canceled television show ‘Last Man Standing’ is speaking out for the first time since being fired from his hit show.

Allen, who’s show was infamously canceled from ABC despite high ratings after the funnyman spoke out in support of President Donald Trump (http://time.com/4706185/tim-allen-donald-trump-jimmy-kimmel/), said he remains dumbfounded over the network’s decision to axe a show that had been a fan favorite for more than 6 seasons.

“It’s hard,” Allen said during a sit-down interview with Norm Macdonald (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2090&v=WYkil1tblt8). “I have no idea why [ABC] did what they did.” But that doesn’t stop him from suggesting that the decision came down to his conservative politics.”

“I always wanted Last Man Standing to be like [All in the Family],” he said. “Archie Bunker pushed boundaries, but Carroll O’Connor was not that guy at all. [Mike Baxter was] a version of that guy. But there’s nothing more dangerous, especially in this climate, than a funny, likable conservative.”

Allen said that despite his personal despair over the show’s cancellation, he feels worse for his fellow cast and crew, who, like Allen, was blindsided by the decision.

“You couldn’t have handled this situation worse. I’ll survive, but there’s 190 [people] who worked [on Last Man Standing]. They didn’t let them know until late June. It was handled very badly.”

“Second biggest show, [ABC] hadn’t won a Friday night in 15 years. They put us out to pasture on Friday and we won Friday,” Allen continued. “Big night for us. Big night for them. I would have put Roseanne after us. Use us just to launch shows, if nothing else.”

As for ABC, they deny claims that ‘Standing’ was canceled over Allen’s outspoken support of Trump.

Speaking at TCA this summer, ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey said that Allen’s political beliefs had “absolutely nothing to do with” the cancellation of the show. When pushed for explanation Dungey claimed the highly rated show had “came up to the end” of its pact and the network “unfortunately was not able to create room for it” on the schedule.

According to TV Line (http://tvline.com/2017/09/27/last-man-standing-cancellation-controversy-tim-allen-interview-cmt-revival/), the show averaged 6.4 million weekly viewers when canceled and held a 1.1 demo rating making Last Man Standing ABC’s second-most watched comedy (behind Modern Family).

timallen

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s