HANNITY UNDER FIRE: SOURCES SAY FOX NEWS HOST ABOUT TO BE FIRED FOR SPEAKING OUT ON SETH RICH CASE

New York, N.Y. — The Fox News network denied claims on Thursday that it’s highest rated host, Sean Hannity, is about to be let go from the nightly political talk show that bares his name.

“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” the network said in a statement. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

The statement comes after a prior announcement by the network that Hannity would be taking a “brief hiatus” from his show caused a swirl of speculation that the conservative commentator would be the next to be exited from the network’s highly publicized revolving door.

Questions about Hannity’s future with the network have exploded in the wake of recent controversies surrounding his coverage of DNC staffer Seth Rich’s still unsolved murder.

Hannity, who claimed to have uncovered evidence suggesting that Rich’s murder was tied to his being responsible for the leaking of a wealth of politically devastating emails from the Democratic National Committee to the anti-secrecy group Wikileaks, promised to reveal the information he had discovered on his Tuesday night show.

However, after a wave of backlash from the mainstream media and network sponsors, many of whom threatened to pull their advertising from his nightly program, Hannity announced on Tuesday that he would be holding back on the information he had planned to reveal “out of respect” for the Rich family.

“Out of respect for the family’s wishes, for now, I am not discussing the matter at this time,” Hannity said.

Also on Tuesday, Fox News said the network would be retracting a story it had published on FoxNews.com, about Rich’s murder, sparking reports from network sources that Hannity was about to be fired.

Addressing the controversy head on during an interview with The Huffington Post on Wednesday, Hannity said he was being targeted by leftist groups who are out to silence him.

“There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically,” he said. “They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a kill shot.”

Seth Rich was found murdered last July, a victim of what police claimed at the time was a robbery gone bad. Critics of the official story point out that Rich, who was shot twice in the back, was left with his wallet, cell phone, cash and credit cards still on his person.

No arrests have ever been made in regard to the case.

hannity and rich

HANNITY LASHES OUT: FED UP CONSERVATIVE HOST WARNS OF ‘TOTAL END’ TO FOX NEWS

NEW YORK, N.Y. — Conservative talk show host Sean Hannity has gone public with a warning that his own network may be on the brink of its final days.

Hannity, host of a radio news program and evening talk show which bears his name on the Fox News channel, took to Twitter on Friday to vent his frustrations over internal conflict within the network.

Referencing a report New York Magazine that Fox was in the midst of a management “shakeup” after fellow Fox News host Bill O’Reilly was let go amid claims of sexual harassment, Hannity said it would be the “total end” of Fox News if the report was true.

“I pray this is NOT true because if it is, that’s the total end of the FNC as we know it,” he tweeted. “Done.”

“Somebody HIGH UP AND INSIDE [Fox News Channel] is trying to get an innocent person fired,” Hannity then tweeted. “I KNOW WHO it is.” He followed up the tweet with the hashtag #IStandWithShine, a reference to the network’s co-president Bill Shine, who sources say is being targeted for removal.

Hannity was himself the target of what he called a “witch hunt” during the last week as Debbie Schlussel, a woman who had once appeared on his program, came forward to claim that she had been sexually harassed by Hannity, who she claims invited her to accompany him to his hotel room and became angry when she refused . Hannity, however, was quick to fight back and threatened legal action over what he called the accuser’s “false accusations”.

Schlussel soon later retracted her accusation.

The controversy is just the latest in a series of embarrassments that have plagued the news giant since Fox News’ CEO James Murdock, and co-chairman Lachlan Murdock, each the son of media mogul Rupert Murdock, took control over the network after former chief Roger Ailes stepped down after his own sexual harassment scandal.

Fox News has refused a request to issue comment on Hannity’s recent tweets.

Tom Brokaw Visits FOX News Channel's "Hannity"

SEAN STRIKES BACK: ‘HANNITY’ HOST DENIES ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT; THREATENS ACCUSER WITH LEGAL ACTION

NEW YORK, N.Y. — Sean Hannity, host of the Fox News’ which bares his name, has come out swinging against an accuser who claims the conservative commentator sexually harassed her.

Debbie Schlussel, an attorney, author and political commentator who had once appeared on Hannity’s show, said on Friday that the married anchor invited her to accompany him back to his hotel suite after the two met up at a book signing in Detroit. Schlussel claims and that after she turned down the married Hannity’s advances, he became angry and she no longer invited to appear on his show.

“He had some event at a bookstore where he signed his book for people standing in line. He asked me to come meet him at this book signing,” Schlussel told radio host Pat Campbell Friday during an interview on Friday (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ex-fox-news-guest-accuses-sean-hannity-sexual-harassment-article-1.3093058). “So I met him there and it was very awkward. He had me stand up there with him while he signed books and I felt very weird. These people don’t know me and they didn’t come for me to sign their books. So then I left to get ready for the show and he said, ‘Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?’ and I said, ‘No, I have to get ready for the show.’”

Schlussel said Hannity propositioned her yet again some time later after one of his shows and claimed that after turning him down a second time, Hannity became belligerent.

“After that, I wasn’t booked on his show again,” Schlussel said. “And he called me and yelled at me. I got a very weird feeling about the whole thing and I kind of knew I wouldn’t be back on his show.”

Hannity has been quick to respond to Schlussel’s allegations, claiming the accusations toward him are the result of a witch hunt.

“LET ME BE CLEAR THE COMMENTS ABOUT ME ON A RADIO SHOW THIS WEEK by this individual ARE 100 percent false and a complete fabrication,” Hannity said in a released statement. “This individual is a serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade. The individual has a history of making provably false statements against me in an effort to slander, smear and besmirch my reputation,” the statement reads.

“The individual has not just slandered me over the years but many people who this individual disagrees with. This individual desperately seeks attention by any means necessary, including making unfounded personal attacks and using indefensible and outrageous political rhetoric.

“My patience with this individual is over,” he continued.

Hannity ended the statement with the assertion that he’s “retained a team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country” and plans to sue Schlussel for her “slander and lies.”

The allegations against Hannity come just days after Fox News announced that it was severing ties with “O’Reilly Factor” host Bill O’Reilly after O’Reilly was accused by several women of sexual harassment. O’Reilly, a veteran of over 20 years on the network, was cut from the evening lineup immediately, without the benefit of a final show.

On Twitter on Monday, Hannity referenced the firing of O’Reilly as a “coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views,” within the Fox News network and speculated that it may be time for conservatives on the network to consider creating their own channel.

In response to Hannity’s threats of legal action against her, Schlussel issued a statement on Monday claiming that her words were “misconstrued”.

In a statement to LawNewz.com, Schlussel said she does not think her encounter, which happened in the early 2000s, could technically be considered sexual harassment.

“I would never accuse him of that. Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that,” she said (http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/despite-reports-fmr-fox-guest-now-claims-she-was-never-sexually-harassed-by-sean-hannity/). “I never thought I was sexually harassed by Sean Hannity, I just thought he was weird and creepy not someone I liked.”

Tom Brokaw Visits FOX News Channel's "Hannity"

SESSIONS WARNS ILLEGALS: ‘THIS IS THE TRUMP ERA…THE BORDER IS CLOSED. GO HOME.’

WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has a message to those who still seek to come to the United States illegally…there’s a new sheriff in town.

That was the message Sessions sent while appearing Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” where the AG boasted of the change in status since president Trump’s inauguration.

“Can you believe that we have had the lowest number of entrances at the border in 17 years? This is the direct result of Donald Trump’s strong, clear leadership,” said Sessions.

“It has an impact. The most important thing for us is to send a message to the world that the border is not open. Please don’t come. You will be apprehended if you do come, and you will be deported promptly. And if you’re a criminal, you’ll be prosecuted. And if you assault our officers, we’re going to come at you with a ton of bricks,” he warned.

“This is the kind of message we need to send It is already being sent,” added Sessions. “It is having a dramatic effect so far. I knew strong presidential leadership unlike the wishy-washiness we’ve seen in the past would impact the flow, but not as much as we’ve seen already. The numbers are down 70 percent since President Obama left office. It is really a remarkable achievement.”

Sessions, who toured the U.S.-Mexico border Tuesday, said during a press conference after the tour that he believes Trump’s get-tough approach to immigration prosecutions will help to clean up a lot of the “filth” brought into the U.S. by Mexican drug cartels.

“This is a new era. This is the Trump era,” he said. “The lawlessness, the abdication of the duty to enforce our immigration laws, and the catch and release practices of old are over.”

Speaking of the soon-to-begin construction of Trump’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, Sessions said the wall will only aid in the war on drugs and crime.

“The barrier, the wall, will have a great and positive impact and will continue our ability to follow through on a commitment to end the lawlessness,” he said.

Critics blasted the initiatives touted by Sessions as racist fear-mongering and baseless in fact.

“Once again, Attorney General Sessions is scaring the public by linking immigrants to criminals despite studies showing that immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than the native born. He and President Trump are wasting more federal taxpayer dollars going after illegal border crossers instead of protecting the American public,” said Gregory Z. Chen, director of government relations for the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Undeterred, Sessions said the tough new stance on illegal immigration will continue.

“When we talk about MS-13 and the cartels, what do we mean? We mean international criminal organizations that turn cities and suburbs into war zones, that rape and kill innocent civilians, and who profit by smuggling poison and other human beings across our borders,” Sessions said. “It is here on this very sliver of land—on this border—that we take our stand. It is a direct threat to our legal system, peace and prosperity.”

sessionsborder

‘KILL THE BILL’: TRUMP ORDERS RYAN TO PULL OBAMACARE REPLACEMENT PROGRAM

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump has ordered Speaker of the House Paul Ryan to kill the hotly contested Republican bill to replace ObamaCare.

The move comes after weeks of intense disagreement by Republicans on the controversial program and one day after Republican law makers failed to gain enough support to secure a vote on whether or not to approve the program.

Trump has “left everything on the field when it comes to this bill,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said today during an afternoon press briefing, adding that House Speaker Paul Ryan “has done everything he can” to push the bill through but “at the end of the day, you can’t force people to vote.”

According to ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-leaves-field-crucial-health-care-vote-looms/story?id=46346773), White House budget director Mick Mulvaney had told Republican legislators that if the House failed to act on the measure today, the president is prepared to leave the Affordable Care Act in place and let the chips fall where they may.

But despite efforts by Vice President Mike Pence and health secretary Tom Price, who rushed to Capitol Hill for an urgent meeting on the matter in an effort to appeal to House conservatives, the bill failed to gain the support needed to garner a vote.

“You can’t pretend and say this is a win for us,” Representative Mark Walker, (R-N.C.), told reporters, adding that the killing of the bill was a “good moment” for Democrats.

“Probably that champagne that wasn’t popped back in November may be utilized this evening,” he said.

If enacted, The Republican bill would have replaced the Affordable Care Act, which mandates that almost all citizens in the United States is required to have health insurance. But hard line conservatives opposed the bill in it’s current form, calling it a slap in the face to conservative values and nicknaming it “ObamaCare Lite”.

At the center of the debate is the Republicans’ stance that the verbiage of the bill may force American taxpayers to pay healthcare costs for illegal immigrants.

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, who lead the opposition to the bill said that there are too many similarities between the proposed legislation and the original ObamaCare program and that anything short of a complete repeal would be a betrayal to the American people.

“We own repeal. We ran on it. It is our idea. We have to pass it cleanly, now,” Paul said in an op-ed drafted with House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows. “Then we owe the American people a real-old fashioned period of allowing all ideas to be debated and voted on to produce the best product possible.”

Meadows, appearing of Fox News Channel’s Hannity (https://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/03/06/freedom-caucus-chair-meadows-replacement-sets-new-entitlement-keeps-some-taxes-doesnt-repeal-all-of-obamacare/), concurred, saying that Ryan’s version of the bill “sets a new entitlement, keeps some taxes and doesn’t repeal all of Obamacare.”

“We’ve got to do better, and hopefully, with some amendments, we can do that,” he added.

Speaking at a press conference just a short time after news of the pulling of the bill broke, Speaker Ryan said, “The worst is yet to come with ObamaCare. We will be living with ObamaCare for the foreseeable future until we can find a way to get it replaced.”

“This is a setback, no two ways about it,” he added. “But we’ve got to do better and I know we can.”

obamacarepulled

FAKE NEWS: JUAN WILLIAMS SLAMS CNN OVER REPORT THAT SEAN HANNITY PULLED GUN ON HIM DURING ARGUMENT

NEW YORK, N.Y. — Liberal commentator Juan Williams has come out publicly to dispute reports by CNN that conservative talk show host Sean Hannity once pulled a gun on him after a heated exchange.

In a piece on Thursday (http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/16/media/sean-hannity-juan-williams-gun/), CNN journalist Dylan Byers wrote: “Last year, after ending one of his many spirited on-air arguments with liberal contributor Juan Williams, Hannity pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Williams.” Byers cited “three sources with knowledge of the incident” who he said were able to substantiate his claim.

“He even turned on the laser sight, causing a red dot to bob around on Williams’ body,” Byers wrote. “Hannity was just showing off, the sources said, but the unforeseen off-camera antic clearly disturbed Williams and others on set.”

“For the record: Hannity’s colleagues brought the Williams incident to the attention of Fox News executives, though it’s not clear whether anything came of it,” Byers continued. “The sources said it went to Bill Shine, the network’s co-president and longtime Fox News executive, who is Hannity’s longtime friend and a former producer. A Fox News spokesperson said the incident was referred to the legal and human resources departments.”

However, Juan Williams, Hannity’s alleged victim, says not so fast.

“This incident is being sensationalized — everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm’s way,” Williams tweeted of the Byers’ report. “It was clear that Sean put my safety and security above all else and we continue to be great friends.”

A statement on the matter released by Fox News shortly after the CNN piece broke reads: “Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York. The situation was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no one was put in any danger.”

Calling the CNN piece “outright false reporting,” Hannity also stepped forward to slam the report.

“While discussing the issue of firearms, I showed my good friend Juan Williams my unloaded firearm in a professional and safe manner for educational purposes only,” Hannity said. “Every precautionary procedure that I have been trained in since the age of 11 was followed. I’ve had a conceal carry permit in five states for all of my adult life. Any other interpretation of this is outright false reporting.”

Despite the controversy, Byers says he intends to stand behind his report.

hannitywilliams