TRUMP STRIKES BACK: U.S. DROPS ‘MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS’ ON ISLAMIC STATE AFTER MARINE IS KILLED FIGHTING ISIS

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Donald Trump ordered the drop of the largest non-nuclear bomb in the U.S. military’s arsenal on Thursday in response to the death of a U.S. Marine.

The The MOAB — Massive Ordinance Air Blast — also known as the “Mother of All Bombs” was dropped on an ISIS tunnel complex in Nangarhar Province after a Green Beret was killed fighting ISIS there, a U.S. defense official has confirmed.

It was the first time the a 21,000-pound bomb had been utilized since it’s development in 2003.

“The strike was designed to minimize the risk to Afghan and U.S. Forces conducting clearing operations in the area while maximizing the destruction of ISIS-K fighters and facilities,” the Pentagon said in a statement, referencing the term for the Islamic State’s Afghanistan branch.

In a statement from the White House, press secretary Sean Spicer said the strike targeted a “system of tunnels and caves that ISIS fighters used to move around freely.” Spicer added that the U.S. “took all precautions necessary” to minimize civilian casualties.

Gen. John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, signed off on the use of the bomb at Trump’s direction, according to the sources.

Trump, during his presidential campaign, had famously vowed to “bomb the sh-t” out of ISIS if elected.

trumpisis

HIS OWN BIGGEST FAN: RYAN PRAISES OBAMACARE REPEAL EFFORTS DESPITE REPUBLICAN CALLS FOR A DO OVER

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on Wednesday praised the efforts of his team to repeal the embattled ObamaCare program despite criticism from many of of his own colleagues.

Mocking the replacement plan presented by Paul as “ObamaCare 2” and “ObamaCare Lite” many hard core conservatives are calling for a complete start over on the project, a move that Ryan calls unnecessary.

“We are in the fourth quarter of the House passing this bill which is the fourth committee—that’s when a lot of negotiations intensify near the end of the process,” Ryan told Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/22/ryan-voices-confidence-on-obamacare-repeal-as-conservatives-call-to-start-over.html). “This is called legislating—we have to broker compromises to make sure we draft legislation that can actually pass.”

“The president has been bringing members down and talking to members and closing the deal,” Ryan said. “This is so encouraging—we’ve never seen this kind of presidential engagement with our members before—President Trump and Vice President Pence are rolling up their sleeves.”

But conservatives say they are less than impressed.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), chairman of the ultra-conservative House Freedom Caucus, declared on Wednesday that at least 25 of his colleagues would reject Ryan’s health care plan, exceeding the 22 Republican “no” votes required to block the legislation.

“I can tell you that opposition is still strong—they don’t have the votes to pass this tomorrow,” Meadows said. “We believe that they need to start over and do a bill that actually reduces premiums.”

Ryan has scheduled a vote on the bill to be held this Thursday, but many Republicans are calling on Ryan to postpone the vote and go back to drawing board.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said on Wednesday during his daily press briefing that the president is confident that Republicans will work out a compromise.

Ryan told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Wednesday that he remains optimistic the bill will pass.

“We’ve got a promise to keep. We promised the American people we would repeal and replace this law. We have to do it for real, not for fake. For real,” Ryan said. “A real promise kept is one where we actually use the only process we have to actually repeal this law and so I believe at the end of the day, members are going to say ‘I am going to keep my promise to the people who voted for me, who sent me into office.’”

paulryanobamacare

TAPPING TRUMP: COMMUNICATIONS ‘INCIDENTALLY COLLECTED’ ON TRUMP DURING SURVEILLANCE, SAYS NUNES

WASHINGTON, D.C.– President Donald Trump’s claims that he was wiretapped as part of a surveillance effort by the government just received some unexpected backing courtesy Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.).

Members of the intelligence community “incidentally collected” communications from the Trump transition team during legal surveillance operations of foreign targets, Nunes, chairman of the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee, announced on Wednesday.

Nunes said the effort produced “dozens” of reports which ultimately unmasked several individuals’ identities and were “widely disseminated.”

“I recently confirmed on numerous occasions the intelligence community incidentally collected intelligence,” Nunes said.

Nunes’ revelations support, at least in part, the president’s claims that he had been the subject of “wiretapping” at some point surrounding the election, a claim for which Democrats have widely criticized the president.

The White House was quick to respond upon hearing the news.

“There’s a lot of questions that I think his statement raises, and that I hope we can get to the bottom of,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said of the bombshell.

In another startling revelation, Nunes says the FBI has been less than cooperative in the investigation into the NSA’s surveillance of the Trump.

“We don’t actually know yet officially what happened to General Flynn,” Nunes said of how communications from former national security advisor Michael Flynn were leaked to the press. “We just know that his name leaked out but we don’t know how it was picked up yet. That was one of the things that we asked for in the March 15th letter, was for the NSA, CIA, and FBI to get us all the unmasking that was done.”

“And I’ll tell you, NSA is being cooperative,” Nunes continued, “but so far the FBI has not told us whether or not they’re going to respond to our March 15th letter which is now a couple of weeks old.”

When asked whether or not he had cause to believe that former president Barack Obama was behind the order to surveil Trump Nunes said that is a possibility he “cannot rule out”.

wiretapaccusations

TERROR IN LONDON: 4 DEAD AFTER KNIFE WIELDING ATTACKER WREAKS HAVOC OUTSIDE PARLIAMENT

LONDON, ENGLAND — Four people, including a London police officer, are confirmed dead after a knife wielding suspect launched an attack outside the U.K.’s parliament on Wednesday. In addition to those killed, at least twenty others are confirmed injured, three of which are police officers.

London police were called to the Parliament building at around 2:40 p.m. local time (10:40 a.m. EST) in response to reports of a vehicle crashing into a crowd at Westminster Bridge.

Police say the driver of the vehicle mowed down pedestrians on London’s Westminster Bridge, leapt from the car and began hacking passersby with a knife.

The attacker was shot by police and later confirmed dead.

Deputy Commisssioner and Head of Counter Terrorism Mark Rowley told reporters that all the information they’ve received leads them to believe that only one attacker was involved.

“Sadly, I can confirm that now four people have died. That includes the police officer who was protecting Parliament, and one man that we believe to be the attacker who was shot by police fire at the scene,” said Rowley. “We are satisfied at this stage that it looks like there was only one attacker. But it would be foolish to be overconfident early on.”

“This is the day we have planned for but we hoped would never happen,” Rowley continued. “Sadly, it’s now a reality.”

According to a spokesperson for the National Security Council, president Trump was briefed on the attack shortly after it occurred and immediately called British Prime Minister Theresa May where he offered his condolences.

In addition to offering his condolences, Trump promised May the full cooperation and support of the US government in “responding to the attack and bringing those responsible to justice.”

The US State Department echoed Trump’s support for the U.K. in a statement issued shortly after the attack.

“We condemn these horrific acts of violence, and whether they were carried out by troubled individuals or by terrorists, the victims know no difference,” US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in the statement.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer also condemned the attack during his daily press briefing on Wednesday, and praised the quick response by police officials and first responders on the scene.

londonattack