U.S. STRIKES ASSAD: TRUMP ORDERS HIT ON SYRIA AT IRAQI BORDER

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Donald Trump on Thursday ordered a fresh round of airstrikes against pro-Assad troops in Syria after rogue forces repeatedly ignored warnings from both coalition and Russian forces, says a defense spokesperson.

The forces came within a 34-mile defensive zone around the al-Tanf base in southern Syria, according to the latest reports.

The U.S.-led coalition first tried to use a Russian hotline to warn the Syrian government to remove the forces from near the coalition base, but the forces refused to withdraw, the spokesperson said.

U.S. commanders say they quickly became concerned when they saw military tanks, bulldozers and other heavy equipment advance without authorization entering into a “de-confliction” zone near the base where American forces were located and acted accordingly.

“The coalition commander assessed the threat and after shows of force didn’t stop the regime forces and those forces refused to move out of the deconfliction zone, the commander on the ground called for the air strike as a matter of force protection,” a senior U.S. defense official told Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/18/us-air-strikes-pound-pro-assad-forces-in-syria.html). “We conducted a show of force. We conducted warning shots. All to no avail,” the official said.

The strike is the second time within as many months that president Trump authorized the targeting of Syrian forces. The military action follows an April 6 attack on a Syrian government airfield, which the president ordered in response to a chemical attack that killed dozens of civilians, including children.

Syrian activists say the strike left an unknown number of casualties.

There was no immediate word from the Syrian government on the attack. Russian officials, who were initially angered by last April’s military strike against their Syrian ally, have yet to comment on the attack.

trumpsyria

TRUMP STRIKES BACK: U.S. DROPS ‘MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS’ ON ISLAMIC STATE AFTER MARINE IS KILLED FIGHTING ISIS

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Donald Trump ordered the drop of the largest non-nuclear bomb in the U.S. military’s arsenal on Thursday in response to the death of a U.S. Marine.

The The MOAB — Massive Ordinance Air Blast — also known as the “Mother of All Bombs” was dropped on an ISIS tunnel complex in Nangarhar Province after a Green Beret was killed fighting ISIS there, a U.S. defense official has confirmed.

It was the first time the a 21,000-pound bomb had been utilized since it’s development in 2003.

“The strike was designed to minimize the risk to Afghan and U.S. Forces conducting clearing operations in the area while maximizing the destruction of ISIS-K fighters and facilities,” the Pentagon said in a statement, referencing the term for the Islamic State’s Afghanistan branch.

In a statement from the White House, press secretary Sean Spicer said the strike targeted a “system of tunnels and caves that ISIS fighters used to move around freely.” Spicer added that the U.S. “took all precautions necessary” to minimize civilian casualties.

Gen. John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, signed off on the use of the bomb at Trump’s direction, according to the sources.

Trump, during his presidential campaign, had famously vowed to “bomb the sh-t” out of ISIS if elected.

trumpisis

PUTIN UNHINGED: FURIOUS RUSSIAN LEADER ORDERS MILITARY RESPONSE TO TRUMP’S ‘ACT OF AGGRESSION’

MOSCOW, RUSSIA — Russian President Vladimir Putin issued an angry response on Friday to president Donald Trump’s military strike against Syria.

Calling Trump’s order to strike an airbase facility in Syrian on Thursday evening an “act of aggression”, Putin pulled the plug on a longstanding agreement of military cooperation with the United States, calling the military strike on Syria “a disgraceful act”.

Following the announcement of Russia’s withdraw from the agreement, a Russian warship entered the eastern Mediterranean, navigating itself directly toward the area where two U.S. Navy destroyers launched the missile strikes. Upon obtaining intelligence of the ship’s entry, one of the American destroyers that launched the missiles into Syria was ordered back to an undisclosed location to rearm.

According to a military spokesperson, the warship is engaged in a high rate of speed and it’s intentions are unknown.

In further response to the attack, Putin said his military would work to bolster Syria’s air defense systems in an effort to provide military aide to it’s ally.

“In order to protect the most sensitive objects of the Syrian infrastructure, a system of measures to bolster and increase the effectiveness of the Syrian armed forces’ air defense systems will be implemented,” ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in a statement on Friday.

Trump’s strike against Syria came in response to a chemical weapons attack against civilians on Tuesday that killed at least 70 people and sickened hundreds more. Intelligence reports suggest that the Syrian government was, itself, behind the attack, an allegation that it’s leader, Bashar al-Assad, denies.

After being briefed on the gas attack, President Trump said he was “horrified” and “sickened” at the images of dead children who were casualties of the attack.

“No child of god should ever suffer such horror,” President Trump said on Thursday after ordering the strike. “It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.”

In a separate statement, a spokesperson from the Kremlin called the attacks against Syria unwarranted and cited a UN report that declared Syria free of chemical weapons.

“Vladimir Putin believes that complete disregard for factual information about the use by terrorists of chemical weapons drastically aggravates the situation,” said the spokesperson. “This move by Washington has dealt a serious blow to Russian-US relations, which are already in a poor state.”

TRUMPVSPUTIN